Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Run two

I woke up this morning just before my alarm and heard rain outside. I turned off my 8 a.m. alarm and went back to sleep.
At 8:30 a.m. my two-year-old came in and told me she wanted to watch cartoons with me. So, I was up.
I thought to myself 'I can just run tomorrow.' But, around 10:30 I thought the rain had stopped so I threw my shoes on and hit the road.
The rain was still there, just a little softer.
I decided to run to the stop sign a few blocks away. It took me about five minutes to get there, uphill, according to my ipod. I then ran up and down 25th street alternating one minute hard, one minute walk. I finished the run with four 50 yard sprints.
Jason Atkinson, my run guru, told me to run a couple full-speed sprints at the end. If you train to run fast, you will run fast. If youi train slow, you will run slow. So, the sprints teach your body to run faster. The Lord knows I could us a little fast.
I was pretty sore last night, but a good sleep had me feeling ok today.
My wife started a running program too. She started yesterday and has been really sore today. She has been losing a ton of weight since our daughter was born in September. She has been a good example of controlling her calorie intake. That is hard for me. I like to eat. I like to feel full and love fatty food.
That is a bad combination for someone who is banking on weight loss to help his speed out.
If anyone has any tips on curbing appetite or low calorie/high energy food, I am all ears.
I run again on Friday morning. Should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment