Sunday, February 14, 2010

Run Six postponed

Saturday was my birthday. The big 2-7.
I woke up at 8 a.m., but I didn't run.
My buddy and I went up to Cloudcroft, N.M. and parked at their outdoor ice rink. We strapped on our hockey skates and grabbed our hockey sticks.
We played hockey for about two hours. We passed around and skated some sprints. For the last hour or so we played one on one.
I'm not trying to be cocky, it comes effortlessly, but I skated around my friend 9 million times. We were shooting into this little cone and I kept hitting the outside of it.... no goal.
It was some great birthday exercise. I sweat hard out in the cold and I got to play my favorite sport.
So, I only got two runs in this week. I really feel like I am healthier... well was.
I was feeling pretty good until my birthday. I kind of cheated on my diet. I had a giant hamburger for lunch with fries and a mexican Coke to wash it down (real sugar). My wife made my favorite dinner, her patented enchiladas and Tacquitos. She cooks the chicken overnight in the crock pot with spices and peppers and then adds cream cheese and cream of chicken soup. They are either fried or smothered in green chili sacue and cheese. It is delicious and I eat a ton of it.
Well, their is always a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment