Monday, February 1, 2010

First run

Well, I did it. I got up this morning just a bit before 8 a.m. and went for a run. I don't have a watch, so I kind of guessed at the run walk incriments.
I went to a park near myhome that Jason Atkinson recommended. It was a little muddy thanks to all the rain, but a good place to run.
I am going to have to give it a .....run fail.
Yeah, I'm out of shape, but that wasn't the worst part.
The Worst part was a valueable lesson I learned. Halfway through the run, my morning constitutional came a calling.
Aparently, it is a good idea to take care of that before you start your run. Who knew?
It was a good thing I was in a park that featured the proper facilities and some city workers to stare at me as I walked up to the bathroom.
Once I got that taken care of, my form improved and I felt faster.
I got back in the house after 26 minutes (I need a watch or my ipod to time things better). It wasn't a total failure. I got a runish and I am not dying from soreness, yet.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first run! I am going to follow your blog as an incentive to get off of my own butt and move along to a healthier lifestyle. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete